Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Splish splash...I was taking a bath"

What fun! I had a day at the spa! Mom gave me a bubble bath in my new tub (thank you Nana and Shepard aunts!) It was great, I even have a head pillow! All I need now are some whirpool jets in this thing!

I am 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches long. I can fit into my preemie clothes very well now. I've been doing great on my breathing. I now use the nasal canula for 6 hours once a day and then alternate the CPAP and canula every 3 hours during the remainder of the day. I'm up to 50cc's of milk every 3 hours too. Still waiting for them to add some Nestle Quik to it!

The occupational therapist came to visit, she said I'm looking great and gave me some posture exercises to practice with Mom and Dad. The neonatologists tell me that I should be able to go home mid to late August.....Yipee!

I am so excited to go home, but will miss all my NICU friends, wonderful nurses, respiratory therapists, doctors, environmental crew and receptionists. They will never, ever know just how much their loving care, patience and knowledge has meant to all of us. They will always have a special place in all our hearts.

Love and kisses,
Allie



No comments: