Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm 4 lbs!!!!!!



Hi Everyone!

I finally got to sneek out of the NICU again to post an update! I've been a busy girl lately....I'm now 4 lbs and growing strong! The CPAP is going really well and they've been able to ween my pressure even more. I overheard the doctor say today that they will try a nasal canula on me tomorrow. Wouldn't that be great? Then I can get rid of all these tubes and my hat and you can see my pretty face and hair. I've got to get lots of rest tonight so that I can save my strength for the canula!

The food is okay around here, they keep giving me the same milk stuff, but have increased the amount. My tummy has handled it well. I got in trouble for trying to have a pizza delivered to the NICU......that didn't go over good. I really wish the ice cream truck could come up to the 5th floor!

I've been having fun playing dress-up with the nurses. They love to put cute outfits on me everyday. I got so many new nice clothes and toys at my "Princess" shower last weekend. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful new things.

Mom and Dad have been hanging out with me and holding me quite a bit. I love to cuddle and hear them talk to me. Grandma Karen came to see me today too. I can't wait to go home and be with my friends and family.

Well goodnight to all and I'll try to sneak out again to give you an update on the nasal canula - wish me luck!

Love, Allie

2 comments:

Erica, Kyle, and Jackson Spiess said...

Hooray Allie!

We are so happy to hear about the nasal canula along with the 4lbs! Lots to celebrate and once you get out of the NICU your Auntie will send you some ice cream and pizza!

We love ya! Keep up the excellent progress - all of you! You all are doing such a good job-including your nurses and physicians! Keep it up!

We can't wait to hold you and love on you but we know it may be a little while before we can do that to ensure you stay healthy : ) - and that is A-okay with us as long as you are doing well!


Love ya,
auntie Erica

Unknown said...

Way to go Allie!!

Four pounds...great way to start the fourth of July holiday!

XO,
Aunt Lori